How much collagen should you take daily?
I recommend consuming a minimum of 5 grams of hydrolyzed collagen per day to increase the levels of glycine and proline circulating in your bloodstream. However, if you’re inflamed (as most people are), more may be necessary. I recommend a minimum range of 10-15 grams daily, and up to 30 grams daily if:
- Your skin, hair, and nails could use a boost
- Collagen is responsible for your skin’s firmness; the ability to bounce back. It will bring back your youthful glow while diminishing fine lines and dark circles. Your hair will once again have a healthy shine while your nails will grow strong as ever.
- You’re an athlete or exercise regularly
- Collagen promotes the overall functioning of your muscles, as well as muscle tone. You’ll have more defined muscles and increased strength.
- You have joint pain
- Your body is telling you it lacks collagen. From joint pains to arthritis battles, collagen helps support the repair of cartilage and reduce pain and joint deterioration.
- You’re having trouble losing weight
- Did you know collagen fights inflammation, which can keep you from losing weight? That may be why you’re having trouble with stubborn belly fat.
- You have digestive symptoms or disease
- As a powerful anti-inflammatory, collagen can heal your body. We know that inflammation leads to a long list of diseases and illnesses, so collagen can start with the gut and repair all areas in need.