Look Younger with Bone Broth
- I eat clean about 80 percent of the time. I know this will yield me 100 percent results.
- I don’t believe in moderation. When I go off the rails with my diet, I do it in clusters. Having a little of this or a little of that on a regular basis is not effective for me on any level. I go until the wheels fall off, and then I get back on.
- If you complain to me about just about anything regarding your overall health and wellbeing — or you have lifestyle questions in general — I’m going to start talking bone broth.
- Promotes strong and healthy bones
- Fights inflammation
- Fights infection
- Reduces joint pain
- Heals the gut and promotes digestion
- Super-charges the immune system
The healing power comes from the fact that the broth is rich in minerals that support the immune system and contains healing compounds like collagen, glutamine, glycine and proline. So if you are feeling run down, have a cold or the flu, are post surgical, need to heal a condition, and/or want to perform better at everything you do (and who doesn’t?), bone broth is a must. Plus — and this is something most people don’t know — bone broth is the best-kept anti-aging secret out there. In fact, bone broth is better then Botox! Bone broth does for your skin what a good pair of jeans will do for your body — it sucks you in and lifts you up.
Here’s how: Wrinkles occur when the collagen in your skin breaks down. As we lose collagen — the stuff that gives your skin its elasticity —skin becomes thinner and forms wrinkles. If you want to get rid of wrinkles forever, you’ve got to increase your collagen levels. You can use all of those expensive creams to get rid of wrinkles, but it’s not the best strategy. Your skin doesn’t absorb it as well. And there are also a lot of oral collagen supplements, but nothing is better than getting collagen in its natural form.
That’s where bone broth comes in. As the bones are cooked, the collagen breaks down and becomes easier to digest. This is your best defense against aging! Tip: If you’re losing weight and want to keep your skin nice and tight, you’ll need the extra collagen that bone broth can provide. You can introduce bone broth into your diet pretty easily. You can sip on it from a mug (my favorite way), use it in recipes as a substitute for water, or use the broth as a base for soups, stews and favorite meals. Tip: You can’t buy your way into bone broth.
In order to really get the results, you have to get your fanny in the kitchen and throw some bones and water in a pot or slow cooker. I promise — it’s painless! And the stuff works wonders! Bonus: Bone broth (which smoothens skin) is also great for reducing the appearance of cellulite. Uber easy to make and transport, this “better than Botox broth” will be your go-to anti-aging weapon. You’ll love how it looks!
Keep thinking big and living bold!