Benefits of mini-fasting with bone broth
Over time, I found that while many people can handle fasts with ease, many others can’t. They get hungry and shaky. They start having headaches. They can’t focus at work or at home. They get anxious, and they start obsessing constantly about food. So they give up. And this is why I began recommending mini-fasting with bone broth. It allows you to realize the immediate benefits of fasting without the drawbacks. Plus, it takes years off your skin. Here’s exactly what bone broth does:
- It fills you up—without adding pounds. Bone broth is rich, complex, hearty, and soul satisfying. It has virtually zero carbs and very few calories, so it’s sin-free and you can indulge in as much as you want. Translation: no hunger, even when you’re fasting.
- It’s packed with the building blocks of collagen. And collagen blasts wrinkles, so you can take years off your face while losing weight and improving your health.
- It detoxifies your body. Like fasting, bone broth helps cleanse your cellular matrix, energizing and de-aging your cells.
- It heals and resets your gut. This is important because weight gain and digestive problems often stem from a common source: a sick gut. Fortunately, the gelatin and amino acids in bone broth help repair the lining of the digestive tract. And a healthy gut sets the stage for weight loss, reduced inflammation, and improved immune function among other things.
- It heals your joints. Joints develop wear and tear over time, which makes it harder to move. This leads to less exercise and more sitting, which is one reason some gain weight as they get older. The good news is that bone broth gives you a generous supply of nutrients that help heal your joints.
- It’s anti-inflammatory. One of the most important scientific findings of the century is that inflammation underlies obesity and almost all modern diseases. Thus, when you heal inflammation with nutrients like those concentrated in bone broth, the pounds start to fall off and your health improves.