Broccoli Egg Scramble
Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 5-10 min • Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, about 2 ounces
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat a large skillet over low to medium heat for 1- to 2-minutes. Add the ghee, salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the broccoli and onion. Sauté until the broccoli is bright green but still form, about 1- to 2-minutes.
- While the broccoli is cooking, whisk the eggs in a medium bowl with the oregano and cayenne until well blended. Reduce the heat to medium and add the egg mixture to the pan. Let it cook without stirring right away.
- With a small spatula, flip portions of the mixture. You'll likely only need to flip a couple of times. Don't overcook the eggs. They should remain just a little wet and in large pieces.
- Divide the spinach between two plates and top with the egg mixture. Garnish each dish with the avocado and strawberries.
Vary It! This recipe works with almost any combination of your favorite veggies. You may also add bacon or sausage to the pan before you sauté the vegetables for a meatier version.
Tip: Boost the flavor by adding more oregano and cayenne pepper.