It’s Time to “Do You”!
- When you first wake up, spend a few minutes thinking about what you like best about yourself. Are you kind? Creative? Funny? Strong? When you focus your attention on your strengths, you will make the most of them.
- Do at least one nice thing for yourself each day. Set aside a little time to relax in a hot tub, enjoy a cup of tea while you read a book, or cook something special that you like. If you don’t have time to do this, find ways to cut down on your commitments.
- Any time you catch yourself thinking a negative thought about yourself, immediately think of three positive thoughts.
- Focus on “living in your truth.” Spend less time agreeing with everyone else, and more time respecting your own beliefs. If your friends don’t like you because of those beliefs, find new friends.
- Forgive yourself for at least one mistake you made in the past. Any time you catch yourself ruminating about that mistake, remind yourself firmly, “I am forgiven for that.”
- Insist that the other people in your life honor you. If there’s someone who continually makes you feel small, inferior, or “not good enough,” either remove that person from your life or insist on being treated with more respect.
- Ask for help when you need it, rather than martyring yourself.