Let the Magic of 80/20 Work for You!
Are you dropping pounds and blasting wrinkles like crazy on your Bone Broth Diet? Congratulations! And today, I’m going to tell you how to stay slim and youthful forever. It’s all here….
If you’re doing my Bone Broth Diet right now, I know you’re looking forward to that finish line! You can’t wait to take some selfies of your beautiful face and body, shop for some sexy new outfits, and hit the town to strut your stuff.
But here’s a question you might be pondering: How can you maintain your big wins?
Luckily, I have the answer for you: my 80/20 Plan. This plan lets you enjoy life without gaining back those pounds and wrinkles. I like to say that you get 100% of the results with only 80% of the work!
On the 80/20 Plan, you can eat non-diet foods 20% of the time, while sticking to the basic diet template 80% of the time. This gives you plenty of room for “personal play.” For instance, you can indulge in pasta and wine on date night or pop some popcorn for a Sunday afternoon movie, and still keep your weight right where you want it.
When you eat right 80% of the time, your body is so vibrant and healthy that it can easily handle a little sin once in a while. How great is that?
I do have one caution, however. As you reintroduce foods, I want you to pay close attention to how your body reacts to them. When you do this, you’ll learn a lot about how specific foods affect your health, your mood, your skin, and your weight.
If you have a history of allergies, autoimmune problems, or other significant health issues, I want you to be especially careful about reintroducing foods. If this is the case, here’s how I want you to add foods back into your diet:
- Reintroduce only one food at a time. Eat enough of it that you’ll be able to tell if you have a bad reaction to it, but don’t overdo it.
- If you experience any of the following symptoms within 24 to 36 hours after reintroducing a food, put it back on the “no” list. (You can re-test that food later to see if your reaction was just a coincidence.)
- “Brain fog”
- Joint pain
- Skin breakouts or rashes
- Wait five days before introducing another food. This will make it much easier to determine how your body reacts to each food.
Here’s some additional advice about letting non-diet foods back into your life. Even if you don’t have any health issues, I want you to be careful about reintroducing these foods:
- GLUTEN. More than 80% of my patients have a bad reaction to foods containing gluten. Of all the foods you eliminated on the Bone Broth Diet, this is the one that’s most likely to cause trouble when you reintroduce it. So be very wary if you add gluten-containing foods back into your diet! To keep these foods in mind, remember the acronym BROWS. It stands for barley, rye, oats (which are okay only if they’re specifically labeled as “gluten-free”), wheat, and spelt.
- DAIRY. Dairy is a big cause of digestive problems, and many of my patients discover that eating milk or cheese leads to headaches, skin breakouts, or sinus problems.
- SWEET FOODS. At this point, you’ve got your sugar cravings under control—so it’s okay to give your sweet tooth a little thrill now and then. Honey, molasses, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and stevia are all okay in limited amounts now (although it’s smart to stay away from table sugar as much as you can, because it’s poison to your cells). But don’t over-do sweet foods, or you’ll be inviting the Sugar Demon right back into your life.
There you have it—that’s all there is to the 80/20 Plan. Follow the diet template 80% of the time, and sprinkle on some fairy dust the rest of the time. Watch out for a few tricky foods like gluten and dairy, and limit how much you indulge your sweet tooth.
It sounds simple, but it’s magic. Follow this plan, and you’ll keep those pounds and wrinkles from sneaking back into your life. You’ll feel young, vibrant, and energetic every day. And you’ll say goodbye to yo-yo dieting… forever!
Keep Thinking Big & Living Bold!