Egg Drop Broth
This healthy egg drop broth features bone broth instead of stock, making it a nourishing and tasty alternative to take-out. You won't find this collagen boost in a plastic container, that's for sure!
Best of all, the recipe is so easy, you could make bowl for yourself faster than you could place an order for pick-up at your local restaurant.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 3 min and 10 min wait time | Yield: 1 servingIngredients
- 1 cup chicken bone broth, or more for a thinner soup (if not homemade, use Dr. Kellyann's Liquid Bone Broth or Dr. Kellyann's Homestyle Bone Broth powder)
- ½ - 1-inch piece ginger, whole
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 1 – 2 button or Cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced, optional
- Dash Celtic or pink Himalayan salt or dash coconut aminos
- Dash ground black pepper
If you are using Dr. Kellyann's Bone Broth powder, first prepare 1-2 cups of bone broth according to the package instructions.
Place bone broth, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Slowly pour in the whisked egg and stir. Add spinach (and mushrooms, if desired) cover, turn off heat, and steep for about 10 minutes to let flavors meld. Season with salt or coconut aminos and pepper.