Panna Cotta with Balsamic-Soaked Strawberries
Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cook Time: 3 minutes • Makes 10 servings
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons unflavored pasture-raised beef gelatin, such as Great Lakes Gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 or more teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 2–3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
To make the panna cotta: Put the water in a small bowl. Pour the gelatin into the water and let stand for about 1 minute to soften.
Heat the apple juice in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. When the juice simmers, add the gelatin mixture and stir until completely dissolved.
Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk and vanilla. Pour into 10 ramekins or custard cups and refrigerate for 3 or more hours, or until firmly set.
To make the strawberries: Wash, cut off the caps, slice the berries, and place in a medium bowl. Pour the vinegar over the berries, stir, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Refrigerate if not serving immediately. To serve, run a knife around the edge of a ramekin and tip the panna cotta onto a small plate. Top with the berry mixture.
Keep thinking Big and living BOLD!