Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 15 min • Yield: Six 4-inch pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (plain canned or cooked pumpkin; not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons Sunbutter™, sunflower seed butter (you can use any nut butter, i.e. almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Coconut oil pan spray, coconut oil, or ghee
Put all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together until fully blended.
Preheat sauté pan on medium heat. Spray pan with coconut oil spray or lightly brush with coconut oil or ghee.
Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into preheated pan to make a 4-inch pancake. Cook until edges begin to brown and bubbles on the top begin to burst. Flip and cook until done. Serve with maple syrup and additional pecans if desired.
1. Have Dr. Kellyann Complete Collagen Protein on hand? Add a scoop of it to the batter for an extra burst of health-supporting collagen.
2. You can use about ½ to ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in place of the spices listed above.
3. Using a nonstick pan makes cooking easier.
4. Use care when flipping the pancakes. If the spatula doesn’t slide under the edge of the pancake, it is probably not ready to flip. Use two spatulas to make it easier to flip. Don’t over-crowd the pan; it makes flipping tricky.