Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 15 min • Yield: Six 4-inch pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (plain canned or cooked pumpkin; not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons Sunbutter™, sunflower seed butter (you can use any nut butter, i.e. almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Coconut oil pan spray, coconut oil, or ghee
- Put all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together until fully blended.
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat. Spray pan with coconut oil spray or lightly brush with coconut oil or ghee.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into preheated pan to make a 4-inch pancake. Cook until edges begin to brown
- and bubbles on the top begin to burst. Flip and cook until done. Serve with maple syrup and additional pecans if desired.