Lemon Cream Shake
- 1 cup water, those on the maintenance plan can substitute
coconut milk, almond milk, or coconut water
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream or 1⁄4 cup full-fat coconut milk
(optional for those on maintenance, adds creaminess)
- 1 packet Vanilla Collagen Shake or 1 scoop Vanilla Bone Broth Protein
- 1⁄2 teaspoon natural lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Ice, add to blender or pour shake over ice (optional)
Pour liquids into blender first, then add all other ingredients. Blend well. Optionally, top with a little lemon zest.
Note: For a post-workout shake, coconut water is a good choice.
Add-ins: To add even more nutrients to your shake, you can add 1 tablespoon of any of the following:
- Flax seeds add fiber, protein, and omega-3’s
- Chia seeds add fiber and protein
- Hemp seeds add a nutty flavor and protein
- Greens such as spinach, kale, chard, parsley, etc. add vitamins, minerals, and fiber