Paleo Pumpkin Pie
Prep time: 20 min • Cook time: 30 min • Yield: 1 pie
- 1 ¾ cups pumpkin puree-- equivalent to a 15 oz can
- ⅔ cups raw walnut halves
- ⅓ cup raw or roasted unsalted cashews
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (if you're making your pie right after the making the crust, just reduce the temperature).
- Place cashews and walnuts in your food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground. Add eggs, honey and maple syrup and blend for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth (you could also add some of the water if it’s too thick for your food processor or blender to puree well). It is very important to blend until completely smooth, otherwise your custard will be watery.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pour into cooled pie shell (doesn’t need to be room temperature, just cool enough to touch). Spread the top out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Allow pie to cool completely before serving.
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 15-20 min
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pat the dough into 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven to cool.