Vitamin C Boost Green Smoothie
Green Smoothies are great for their amazing cleansing abilities. This recipe, in particular, is loaded with nutrients to give your immune system a boost. Find this recipe and more in my new book Dr. Kellyann's Cleanse and Reset.
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1 scoop Dr. Kellyann’s Flavorless Collagen Protein
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 handfuls of kale, stems removed, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Stevia or monk fruit sweetener, to equal about 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Ice, add to blender or pour smoothie over ice (optional)
In a blender, combine the water, lime juice, collagen protein, avocado, strawberries, kiwi, ginger, kale, stevia (if using), and ice (if using). Blend until smooth and creamy.
If the smoothie is too thick, add more water to reach the desired consistency.
You can also substitute Flavorless Collagen Protein