French Onion Pot Roast
Nothing says "comfort food" quite like a roast simmering in a silky bone broth base and enhanced with flavorful herbs and fresh apples. Give this cozy recipe a try... I have a feeling it'll become a new favorite.
Scroll down for Dr. Kellyann diet/program compatibility.
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 4-9 hours • Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, or apple of your choice, cored and diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups homemade bone broth OR 2 packets Dr. Kellyann French Onion Bone Broth + 16 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Celtic or pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 pound beef pot roast
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours, or until the roast is cooked through and easily shreds.
Stir to break apart the roast and combine the stew ingredients.
Dr. Kellyann Diet & Program Compatibility
This dish is compatible with:
- Bone Broth Diet
- 10-Day Belly Slimdown (as one of your meals)
- 80/20 Maintenance/Bone Broth Lifestyle