Chicken and Shrimp Shish Kabobs
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Yield: 8-10 skewers
- 2 medium skinless chicken breast -OR- 1 lb large wild-caught shrimp, fresh, peeled and deveined
- 1 red onion quartered into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini sliced into ¼ inch coins
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon herbs of Provence
Marinade: Spicy Turmeric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Slice the chicken breasts into about 1-inch cubes. Place the chicken in a bowl and set aside. If using shrimp, prepare them and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- In a large bowl (or re-sealable bag), combine the shrimp or chicken, veggies and the pineapple with the marinade. Toss together gently until evenly coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat. While the grill heats up, thread the shrimp veggies and pineapple onto the skewers, alternating ingredients as you go. Should make around 10 - 12 skewers.
- Place the skewers onto the grill and grill until the shrimp or chicken is pink and cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with fresh cilantro and lime juice.