Beyond Botox Soup
This "Beyond Botox Soup" is so good and so great for your skin, hair, nails, and, of course, your waistline. Give it a try!
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 4 to 8 hrs • Yield: 1 gallon; about ten 12-ounce servings of broth
- 2 pounds chicken bones/carcasses (from about 2 -3 roasted organic chickens)
- 1 gallon purified water
- 4 unpeeled organic carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks organic celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium organic onion, roughly chopped
- 1 organic tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 bunch organic parsley
- 6 to 8 cups organic greens cut into small pieces or chopped, i.e. cabbage, kale, chard, collard greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Place chicken bones, water, carrots, celery, onion, tomato, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns, and apple cider vinegar into a slow cooker and set heat to low.
- When the broth is hot, skim the film off the top of the broth if desired.
- Simmer for 4 to 8 hours on low.
- In the last hour add the garlic and parsley.
- Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Return broth to slow cooker, or use a large kettle on the stovetop (if your slow cooker is not large enough) and add the organic greens. Simmer for another 30 minutes to gently cook the greens.
- Let cool and store in covered containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If there is more soup than you can use in that amount of time, freeze in small batches for later use. The broth will keep for up to 3 months in your freezer.