Creamy Vanilla Frosting
Prep Time: 10 min • Yield: about 1 ½ cups
- One 13½ ounce can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- Natural food dyes for coloring (optional)
- Refrigerate coconut cream overnight, or open can and place in freezer until very firm but not frozen.
- Scoop out coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can and reserve coconut water for another use.
- Place coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, add honey and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Frosting is easier to work with when cold or slightly cooled.
Notes: To frost cookies or cakes, use an offset spatula. To use frosting to decorate, put frosting into a piping bag with desired tip, or use a plastic sandwich- or quart-size food storage bag and cut the tip of one of the corners. Start with a very small cut; you can always cut more. As you are decorating, the warmth of your hands on the bag will warm the frosting. If you are doing a lot of decorating, you may need to refrigerate bags intermittently.
Optionally, you can use natural food dyes to color your frosting.