Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 5 min • Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 garlic cloves
- One 16-ounce bag frozen cauliflower florets
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Peel the garlic and cook along with the cauliflower, following the package directions, until the cauliflower is very soft but not waterlogged.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan, heat the coconut oil, coconut milk, thyme, salt and pepper about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, purée the cauliflower in a food processor, scraping down the sides. Add the coconut milk and process about 10 seconds. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Note: You can use fresh cauliflower for this recipe, but frozen cauliflower packs the same nutritional punch and reaches a creamy texture faster and easier than fresh. Vary It! Try substituting parsley or chives for the dried thyme. You may also use chicken broth in place of the coconut milk.