Mexican Chocolate Shake
If you’ve never had a Mexican chocolate drink, you’re in for a real treat. By adding cinnamon, ancho chili, and chipotle this shake is transformed. Chili and chocolate have been combined since the time of the Aztecs…..and for good reason.
Prep time: 3 min • Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup water or almond milk, coconut milk, or coconut water if you’re on the maintenance plan
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream or ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk (optional for those on maintenance, adds creaminess)
- 1 scoop chocolate Bone Broth Protein
- Pinch or two cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon ancho chili powder (adjust to your liking)
- 1/16 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (adjust to your liking)
- Ice, add to blender or pour shake over ice (optional)
Directions: Pour liquids into blender first then add all other ingredients. Blend well
Note: For a post workout shake, coconut water is a good choice.
Add-ins: To add even more nutrients to your shake you can add 1 tablespoon of any of the following. Flax seeds add fiber, protein, and omega-3’s Chia seeds add fiber and protein Hemp seeds add a nutty flavor and protein Greens such as spinach, kale, chard, parsley, etc. add vitamins, minerals, and fiber Enjoy!