Slow Cooker Low-Carb White Chicken Chili
This light (yet filling!) chicken chili is packed with complex flavors and aromatic spices to make your taste buds jump for joy. And the best part is, it keeps you full for hours!
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high • Yield: 4-6 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced 2 medium poblano peppers, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, with liquids
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges
- ½ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. When done, remove chicken with a slotted spoon, shred with two forks, and return to the pot. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro. Optionally serve with cauliflower “rice”, or ½ cup white rice if you are on the maintenance plan. And if you want the extra fat-melting, gut-healing, wrinkle-erasing power of collagen--make sure you use my broth.