PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- pinch or more cayenne (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pasture-raised butter or ghee
In a blender, combine the almond milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, paprika, arrowroot, and cayenne (if using) and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a saucepan over medium-low heat and add the butter. Stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until it begins to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Test with a spoon.
When sauce clings to the back of the spoon, it's ready. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately.