French Sesame Herb Crackers
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 14 min • Yield: approx. 48 crackers
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Herbes de Provence, or any combination of herbs you like
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted, or extra virgin olive oil if you use it in baking
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Grind half the toasted sesame seeds in a coffee grinder or Vitamix™.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk ghee with eggs to fully combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix with a fork, then knead using your hands to fully blend all the ingredients.
- Using half the dough, roll between two sheets of parchment to 1/8” or less in thickness. Remove top sheet and place entire bottom sheet with rolled out dough onto a sheet pan. Using a sharp knife cut into 24 crackers. Repeat with the second half of dough.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before separating crackers. Store in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate.
Notes: For a crisper cracker, which I prefer, bake for 13 to 14 minutes. I use organic Herbes de Provence because I love the flavor combination of thyme, rosemary, basil, marjoram, sage, fennel, and lavender, but you can use any herb or combination of herbs you like. These are great served with soup or salad, or paired with a dip or a bit of cheese if you use dairy products. Try them with my Tapenade which is a traditional pairing in France or BLT Dip. Finally some great Paleo Crunch!