Southwest Breakfast Scramble
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes: COOK TIME: 15 Minutes | SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 2 small or 1 large bell pepper, any color, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Celtic of pink Himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
Melt the ghee or oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add the tomatoes and heat through, about 2 minutes.In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cilantro, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and cumin and garlic powder (if using). Pour over the vegetables in a skillet. Mix with spatula until eggs are done to your liking.
NOTE: The can be made ahead and refrigerated.