Spaghetti with Chicken, Arugula, and Bacon
There's nothing like a fresh, home-cooked, Italian meal — and this pasta dish delivers everything you're craving, without all the gluten and butter.
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Makes 4 Servings
- 4 oz uncooked gluten-free spaghetti
- 6 strips sugar, nitrate-free bacon, diced
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast (about 2 large or 3 medium breasts) cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 to 6 cups baby arugula
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (optional)
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper, plus more for serving
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat, for about 8 minutes, until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to drain. Keep the pan on the heat.
In a medium bowl, season the chicken with the salt and black pepper and add to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes, add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the chicken is fully cooked. Transfer the chicken and garlic to a plate and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium.
Pour off the excess fat from the pan, leaving about 2 tbsp fat. Return it to the stove and add the cooked pasta, tossing well. Add the chicken, bacon, arugula, tomatoes (optional), and crushed red pepper to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve with more black pepper and the crushed red pepper.
NOTE: With gluten-free pasta, this recipe is only approved as-is for the 80/20 plan, but those of you on the 21-day Bone Broth Diet or 10-day Belly Slimdown can enjoy this recipe with zoodles or cauliflower rice!