Carrot Ginger Soup
If you love fresh ginger, carrots, garlic and turmeric, then this Carrot Ginger Soup is for you! With an appetizing aroma and a vibrant color, this creamy and hearty soup has a spicy taste that will leave you craving more. It's a recipe perfect for cold autumn days, or anytime you need a bowl of comfort.
Prep time: 15 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Yield: 4-5 servingsIngredients
- 12 carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons powdered turmeric
- 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 2 or more cups chicken bone broth
- 14 -ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment for easy cleanup.
Cut the carrots in half vertically and horizontally unless they are very thin. Place carrots on prepared pan and toss with avocado oil. Roast 20 – 25 minutes until tender.
When carrots are done, place in a food processor and add all remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, warm soup on the stovetop. If you like your soup a little thinner, add more bone broth.