Are you “on fire” inside?
Chronic inflammation makes you old, fat, and sick—and it can even kill you. In my new post, I’ll tell you how to spot the signs of inflammation and how to put out that raging fire within you.
We now know that chronic inflammation underlies just about every disease of aging—from obesity and diabetes to cancer and heart disease. In addition, it makes you look and feel old, tired, and blah. So if you want to get healthier, healing this inflammation needs to be your #1 health priority.
But here’s a question: How do you know if chronic inflammation is a problem for you? If you have an autoimmune condition or a disease like cancer, there’s no question about it. But if you’re in “semi-good” health, you may be missing some major warning signs. Here are some of the biggest clues:
- First of all, do you have that spare tire around your waist? Then you’re chronically inflamed. Fat cells in the abdomen churn out inflammatory chemicals—and the more belly fat you have, the more inflammation they’re creating.
- Second, do you have high blood glucose levels? That’s a guarantee that you’re chronically inflamed. High blood sugar increases the numbers of inflammatory cells called cytokines circulating in your blood.
- Third, do you have lots of digestive problems like gas, diarrhea, bloating, or constipation? These typically stem from a sick, inflamed gut—and as I’ll explain later, a sick gut is the leading cause of inflammation.
- Next, are you tired all the time? Inflamed cells are sick cells, and they can’t produce the energy you need to feel refreshed and invigorated.
- Also, do you have skin problems like eczema or psoriasis—or is your skin red and blotchy? Bad skin is an external sign of internal fire.
- Do you have allergies? If you’re one of those people who’s always battling watery eyes and a runny nose, then you’re chronically inflamed.
- Is your face puffy—and do you have puffy bags under your eyes? These are classic signs of internal inflammation.
- Do you have gum disease? This is another outward clue of internal inflammation.
- Are you depressed, anxious, or suffering from “brain fog”? Inflammation can affect your brain chemistry, causing changes in how you think and feel.
- If you’re a man, do you have erectile dysfunction, or ED? Chronic inflammation is a primary cause of this problem. If your body is sending you clues like these, it’s time to take action.
As you know if you follow my blog, the first step in healing inflammation is to heal your gut—because that’s where inflammation starts. So cut out pro-inflammatory foods like grains and sugar that damage your gut, and eat anti-inflammatory foods like pastured meats, fresh vegetables, healthy fats, fermented foods, and bone broth.
You can learn more in my book, Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet. Don’t put off your healing for another moment. When you put out that raging fire inside you, you won’t just lower your risk for health problems in the future—you’ll be younger, slimmer, healthier, and happier now!
Keep Thinking Big & Living Bold!