Bone Broth for a Healthy Gut
Bone broth works miracles for gut health and digestive disorders. I’ll explain its special powers and why you need them.
I want you to add another important step on your journey to a healthy gut…
Eating bone broth!The health of your gut is critical because an unhealthy one can lead to a multitude of serious problems including:
- Autoimmune disease
- Attention deficit disorder
- Depression and other psychological disorders
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Unfortunately, these days, because of things like processed foods, stress-filled lives, and use of antibiotics and other medications, most of us have compromised digestive systems that need help.
Enter bone broth.It’s just another amazing fact about this elixir that it can keep your digestion on track. Bone broth offers incredible intestinal healing power and disease prevention thanks, primarily, to three key components:
- Glutamin: An amino acid that heals and wards off leaky gut syndrome by protecting the gut lining, providing fuel for the cells of the small intestine, and improving metabolism.
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs): The best known of these proteins and sugars are glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. These contribute to the creation of healing mucous. And this mucous soothes intestinal inflammation, facilitates the passage of food, and strengthens good bacteria while lessening the effects of bad bacteria.
- Glycine: An amino acid that stimulates stomach acid secretion, helping with several intestinal disorders including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), acid reflux, and issues with FODMAPs. Glycine is also a key part of bile acid, which plays a major role in fat digestion and regulating blood cholesterol.
Of course, bones and cartilage are a whole food, so there are undoubtedly other compounds in them that contribute to their effectiveness. The magical alchemy of nature gives whole foods powers of prevention that scientists simply can’t reproduce by turning single compounds into pills.
And none of nature’s gifts is more of an all-around health multitasker than bone broth. Its ability to resolve digestive disorders and help you absorb nutrients is just a small part of the incredible things bone broth can do. But if you’re on the fence about making bone broth a regular habit, knowing it’s a heal-and-seal-your-gut elixir should seal the deal!
Keep thinking big and living bold!