Asian Turkey Burger
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes | COOK TIME: 12 Minutes | SERVINGS: 8
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- Toasted sesame oil (optional)
Spray or brush a skillet with coconut oil. In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, scallions, ginger, jalapenos, salt and pepper and cayenne.
Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes per side (depending on how thick you make them), or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165 degrees F and the meat is no longer pink. Brush the burgers with a few drops of toasted sesame oil (if using).
Burgers will be soft until fully cooked, so turn only once and do so carefully.
These are also great grilled. Clean the grill and brush the burgers with coconut oil before grilling.
These can be made ahead and refrigerated.