Butternut Squash Pasta
Discover the creamy richness of butternut squash combined with the spicy kick of red pepper flakes in this unique pasta dish. Infused with the depth of DKA Chicken Bone Broth and served gluten-free, it's a comforting meal that caters to various dietary needs. Top with Parmesan and parsley for that perfect finish.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lb butternut squash (3 cups, seeded and cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (rounds or chopped)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 Cups Dr. Kellyann's Chicken Bone Broth
- 12 Ounces Gluten Free Pasta
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- Parmesan (garnish)
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is simmering, sprinkle with salt and set the bowl aside.
- Add the squash, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, around 8 to 10 minutes. Add DKA’s chicken bone broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the squash is soft and the liquid is reduced by half, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining.
- Once the squash mixture is done cooking, remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly. Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender, but keep the skillet handy. Purée the mixture until smooth then season with salt and pepper to your own liking. Note you can also use an immersion blender for this step instead of moving all contents into a blender.
- In the reserved skillet, combine the pasta, squash purée and ¼ cup cooking liquid. Add in spinach as well, we did around 2 large handfuls. Cook over medium heat, tossing and adding more pasta cooking water as needed, until the sauce coats the pasta, about 2 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the pasta in individual bowls topped with red pepper flakes, more black pepper and shaved Parmesan if desired.