Cucumber Melon Gazpacho
This gazpacho is a welcome reprieve on sweltering days. Enjoy a cup as a first course or have a bowl for lunch. The soup is filled with tummy-soothing ingredients that will gently calm your digestive system.
Prep Time: 15 min | Yield: 4 servingsIngredients
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (if not homemade, use Dr. Kellyann's Liquid Bone Broth or Dr. Kellyann's Homestyle Bone Broth powder)
- ¼ cup onion, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1 English cucumber, coarsely chopped, remove seeds if large
- ½ cantaloupe or honeydew, 3 – 4 cups, coarsely chopped
- ½ avocado, coarsely chopped
- 3 - 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup peppermint leaves, remove stems and loosely pack
- 1 ½ teaspoons Celtic or Pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
If you are using Dr. Kellyann's Bone Broth powder, first prepare 2 cups of bone broth according to the package instructions.
Working in batches, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. After working in batches, combine and stir well. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Top with mint, if desired, and serve.
- If you’re sensitive to onions or garlic, omit them for the recipe.
- If you enjoy your gazpacho thinner, add more bone broth.
- If you like spice, add ¼ to ½ chopped jalapeno.