Avocados: Good for You Inside AND Out!
- Avocados help fight cancer.
- Avocados are good for your heart and blood vessels.
- Avocados can help you lose weight.
- Avocados boost the effects of other nutrients.
- Avocados and avocado oil promote young, beautiful skin.
- Avocados help keep your eyes healthy.
- Avocados are good for your brain.
- Avocado oil is awesome for your hair.
The nutrients in avocado oil moisturize your hair, making it shiny and helping to prevent breakage. Simply massage a little warm avocado oil into your hair and leave it on for a few minutes before shampooing—or apply a small amount with your fingers after you wash and towel-dry your hair, and then rinse. — Clearly, if you want to look and feel great, avocados and avocado oil should be part of your health and beauty regimen. Fortunately, the avocado habit is an easy one to get into—and it’s not just healthy, it’s delicious as well. And speaking of delicious, right now I’m off to make a yummy, avocado-rich Cobb Salad for lunch. Here’s the recipe from my new book, The 10-Day Belly Slimdown—give it a try, and I think you’ll love it. It’s a great way to kick off your avocado habit!
Prep time: 5 minutes • Makes 1 serving
- 2 to 3 cups torn lettuce (any type)
- 2 to 3 ounces cooked chicken (you can substitute sugar-, nitrate-, and nitrite-free deli turkey breast)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- ¼ to ½ avocado, cubed
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss. The egg yolk combined with avocado and lemon juice will create a creamy, flavorful dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Although Cobb Salad ingredients are usually arranged on a plate, tossing everything together creates the dressing for this salad. Easy!
Keep thinking Big and living BOLD!