Two Words for an Unpredictable New Year: Stay Strong!
Yesterday, I decided to enjoy a quiet evening after all the chaos of Christmas. I thought I’d make a cup of herbal tea and read a book, or maybe I’d catch a movie on Netflix.
Ha! (That’s the universe laughing.)
Instead, I wound up in the emergency room with a son with a shattered wrist. He’s a tough kid, and he’ll be just fine in a little while—but it definitely wasn’t the evening that either one of us planned on!
However, if there’s one thing I’ve learned about life (especially this year), it’s that the future is wildly unpredictable. For instance, there was the truck driver who hijacked my books. There were exciting opportunities that came into my life from out of the blue. And, of course, there was my son’s wrist.
You know what else I’ve learned over the years? It’s easier to roll with life’s unpredictability if you’re prepared for it. And the best way to prepare yourself is to stay strong—physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- When you’re physically strong, you have the energy and stamina you need to stay on your feet when life sucker-punches you.
- When you’re emotionally strong, you can weather a blow without spiraling into depression or anxiety.
- When you’re spiritually strong, you can see the big picture, put your setbacks in perspective, and stay focused on living the life you want to live.
So here’s my advice for the New Year: STAY STRONG! Here are the best ways to build your physical, emotional, and spiritual strength:
- Eat real, clean food. Glowing cells give you the power to keep going when life gets crazy.
- Exercise. In particular, do resistance training at least two or three times a week. Resistance training builds your physical strength and even keeps you more fit mentally.
- De-stress your life. Chronic stress drains your energy reserves, leaving you with a low battery when trouble strikes. So cut your stress by meditating daily, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Strategize your yesses to avoid over-committing yourself. Make time for sleep and play. Pull good people into your life, and get rid of negative people who stress you out and drag you down.
- Have a purpose. Decide on your purpose in life. Let this purpose guide everything you do, and it will serve as your compass in stormy times.
- Send out positive energy. Every day, look for ways to make your world a better place. When you send out positive energy, it often comes back to you when you need it most.
Actively work every day at keeping yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually strong. It’s like building an invisible suit of armor for yourself, link by link.
And when you’re striving to get stronger in the New Year, let me help! If you need to lose weight and de-age your body, join me here on Facebook, where thousands of people are waiting to keep you company on your journey to health. Also, if you bought a copy of my new book, be sure to participate in our Bone Broth Revolution event in January. We’ll be offering all the advice and support you need to make your diet a success.
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and STRONG New Year!
Keep Thinking Big & Living Bold!