- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
In a bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid, whisk or shake together the oil, lemon juice, water, lemon peel, thyme (if using), garlic, and salt. Refrigerate. Remove and discard the garlic before serving.
Note: This is best prepared ahead and refrigerated so the flavors can meld.
Variation: You can substitute any herbs you like.
- This vinaigrette is a fabulous marinade for chicken, fish, or shrimp; marinate for 2 hours before cooking.
- This vinaigrette is also great drizzled over microgreens.