This delicious soup is perfect for any season and can be enjoyed on any Dr. Kellyann plan.
Scroll down for Dr. Kellyann diet/program compatibility.
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 25 min • Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee or pasture-raised butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 4 cups homemade chicken bone broth or Dr. Kellyann Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder, blended with 1 tablespoon water, plus more if needed
In a large stockpot, melt ghee over medium-high heat. Add garlic and leeks, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened.
Purée with an immersion blender, blender, or food processor until smooth and creamy. Return to stockpot and stir in arrowroot mixture. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until soup thickens, adding more arrowroot if a thicker soup is desired. Serve warm, garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
Dr. Kellyann Diet & Program Compatibility
- 10-Day Belly Slimdown
- Bone Broth Diet
- Cleanse and Reset
- 80/20 Maintenance/Bone Broth Lifestyle