Paleo on a Budget - Where to Get the Best Deals
While everyone else is out purchasing heavily discounted holiday ornaments, wrapping paper and cards, and low-priced rock-bottom apparel, I’m your “food Santa” as we continue to revel in the holiday season … I’m thinking about some insider secrets on what types of primal foods are now at lower prices … and where. And if not lower, which ones actually give you the most bang for your buck!
With that, unwrap my favorite shopping tidbits below:
- I can always find good deals at Trader Joe’s on coconut oil, full-fat coconut milk in a can, nitrite-free bacon, ghee, olive oil, wines, dark chocolate, sparking water, frozen bagged vegetables, maple syrup, bulk nuts and seeds and dried fruits.
- At Whole Foods, I find the Friday deals to be outstanding — the best I’ve ever seen in the food business. And the meat and fish availability is insane!
- Sometimes, I check out Amazon prices, which seem to fluctuate. But when you can’t find something consistently at Whole Foods, Amazon usually has it, including coconut aminos, coconut flakes, coconut milk and almond flour.
- Costco has bulk organic raisins, coconut oil, organic spinach, avocados, Kerry – butter made from grass-fed cows, Lime Lacroix, San Pellegrino and lump crab meat.
- Holiday-themed foods like cans of cranberry sauce and bags of cranberries, pureed pumpkin and meats like turkey and ham also may be reduced right now.
Hope these tips help make your post-holiday shopping worthwhile!
Keep thinking big and living bold!