Triple Protein Gumbo
- 3 Packets of Dr. Kellyann’s Rosemary Thyme Bone Broth
- 1 Cup Dr. Kellyann's Classic Bone Broth
- 1 Package of chicken sausage
- Meat from one rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 Lbs. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Cup okra, sliced
- 1 Cup red pepper, diced
- 1 Cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (For less of a "kick" (spice) use 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 1⁄2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons of Ghee
- 1⁄2 Cup arrowroot
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 1 Cup white onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 Can of 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Himalayan salt
Serving Size: One Cup
Heat 3 cups of water in a saucepan. When the water starts to boil, add three packets of Dr. Kellyann’s Rosemary Thyme Bone Broth and 1 cup of Dr. Kellyann's Classic Bone Broth. Set aside.
Make the Roux: In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons ghee. Add in the
arrowroot and stir continuously for approximately 20 minutes. Be careful
not to let it burn! When finished, It should have a deep chocolate color.
Add the bay leaf, onions, celery, yellow pepper and red pepper. Stir,
occasionally, till the onions are tender, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and slowly pour in the bone broth, stirring frequently, till
the broth comes to a slight boil.
Add the diced tomatoes, sausage, chicken, okra and all the seasonings.
Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15
Add the shrimp, cover and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
Serve with cauliflower rice.