Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 6 hr • Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chopped or crushed tomatoes
- Garnish with cilantro (optional)
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the onions.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, pouring the tomatoes over everything last.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.