Ham and Asparagus Frittata
Click below to get my Recommended Food Brands Guide - It's a perfect guide to bring along grocery shopping!
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 30 to 35 min • Yield: 4 servings
- An 8- to 9-inch frying pan that can be used in the oven or a 1½ to 2-quart oven-proof casserole
- 3 teaspoons ghee, divided
- 1 cup asparagus, cut diagonally in to 1-inch lengths
- 1/8 cup shallots, chopped
- 4 to 5 ounces ham, sugar- and nitrite free, cubed or sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place 2 teaspoon ghee in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat and sauté scallions and asparagus for about 4 to 5 minutes. Grease casserole with 1 teaspoon melted ghee. (If you are baking in the same skillet, you don’t need the additional teaspoon of butter; just add ham and go to next step.) Remove vegetables from skillet and spread evenly in the baking pan. Add ham, sprinkling evenly over the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl crack eggs, add salt, pepper, and nutmeg and whisk until blended. Pour egg mixture into baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes until the frittata is set. Test by inserting a knife in the center. If it comes out dry, the frittata is done. Let cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.