Lamb Chops with Oregano
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 2 hours • Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large lamb chops or steaks with bones (1 pound including bone), visible fat removed
- Fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated peel or zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup sliced onions
- ½ cup white wine*
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Fresh chopped parsley, garnish
- Place lamb in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the meat. Drizzle lemon juice over the lamb. Sprinkle the grated peel and oregano over the lamb. Drizzle the olive oil over all. Place a bay leaf between the chops. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or more.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the lamb from the dish and brown on both sides before placing back into the baking dish. Sprinkle the onions over the meat and pour in the wine and broth.
- Cover the dish with foil and cook for 2 or more hours until the meat is very tender. Serve hot. Do not eat any remaining fat.
Notes Lamb chops are naturally fatty, so if any remains on the chop, discard.
*If you are on the Bone Broth Diet or the 10-Day Belly Slimdown omit the white wine and replace with an additional 1/2 cup of chicken bone broth.
This recipe pairs great with Grilled Romaine with Lemony Anchovy Dressing.