Spicy Meatball Soup
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, or beef)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Celtic or pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cups Beef Bone Broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
In a medium bowl, mix together the meat, egg, parsley, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, and the cayenne. Form into 18 one-inch balls and set aside.
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the broth, tomatoes and their juice, and smoked paprika and bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs, stir gently, and cook until no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.