Creamy Chicken Curry
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 4-6 hours | Yield: 4 serving
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 2” cubes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
In a slow cooker, combine the sweet potatoes, chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, onion, bell peppers, garlic, chili powder, cumin, curry powder, salt, and black pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Before serving, shred the chicken with a fork, stir in the coconut milk, and warm through.
Note: This is excellent as leftovers, and you can easily double the recipe. If you do double it, don’t double the herbs and spices; instead use 1 1/2 times the amount for each of the herbs, spices, salt, and black pepper. You can double all other ingredients.
Use a combination of white and dark meat for a heartier dish. Add 1 to 2 cups cauliflower or broccoli florets 30 minutes before the curry is ready if you’re cooking on high, or 45 minutes before the curry is ready if you’re cooking on low.