Delicious and Nutritious Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Here's our delicious yet simple beef bone broth recipe. Give it a try and we think you'll fall in love with it!
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 12 to 24 hr • Yield: 12 servings
- 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3½ pounds grass-fed beef bones (preferably joints and knuckles)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place all the vegetables and the garlic, bones and bay leaves into a large pot on the stove or in a slow cooker. Sprinkle on the salt, drizzle with vinegar, and add enough water to cover everything by 1 inch (about 13 cups).
- Cook for 12 to 24 hours on low.
- Use a shallow spoon to carefully skim the film off the top of the broth. Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add more salt as needed.
- The broth will keep for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in your freezer.
Substitute: Feel free to substitute chicken, fish or pork bones or to combine them all. Also, adding dried mushrooms or using 2 tablespoons of fish sauce in place of salt (add it in Step 1) dramatically enhances the flavor of the broth. This is a great, simple recipe for beef bone broth.
How Can Bone Broth Support Wellness?
Bone broth is trending among health enthusiasts due to itsincredible benefits.
It’s rich in nutrients such as gelatin and collagen, which can help maintain skin, hair, and nail health. Along with calcium and amino acids, such as glycine, these components make bone broth a great way to supplement your body with nutrients that can support overall wellness.
Dr. Kellyann's bone broth can also help to support weight loss and manage cravings. It's low-carb and gluten-free, making it a great addition to a keto, paleo, or whole30 diet.
Where Can You Get Bones for Bone Broth?
There are several places where you can find good soup bones. One option is to use a whole chicken and remove the meat, then use the leftover carcass for the broth. You can also check out your local butcher or whole foods store for leftover beef bones or chicken feet.
When making bone broth, it's essential to use high-quality ingredients, such as organic veggies and seasonings. You can use a stockpot on the stovetop to cook your bone broth or throw the bones into a slow cooker or pressure cooker for added convenience.
If you're too busy to make your own, you can simply useDr. Kellyann's Bone Broth to get the benefits of bone broth in a convenient powdered format.
Bone Broth: The New Superfood
Bone broth has been around for centuries, but its health benefits have contributed to its recent popularity as a "superfood.”. Dr. Kellyann Petrucci, bestselling author and expert on the topic, has also popularized bone broth throughDr. Kellyann's Bone Broth Diet.
Dr. Kellyann's bone broth is a tasty and convenient way to incorporate bone broth into your diet. For more inspiration on ways to use bone broth,Dr. Kellyann's bone broth cookbook has plenty of healthy recipes that include bone broth, including soup recipes, stews, and smoothies.