Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Here's my delicious yet simple beef bone broth recipe. Give it a try and I think you'll fall in love with it!
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 12 to 24 hr • Yield: 12 servings
- 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3½ pounds grass-fed beef bones (preferably joints and knuckles)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place all the vegetables and the garlic, bones and bay leaves into a large pot on the stove or in a slow cooker. Sprinkle on the salt, drizzle with vinegar, and add enough water to cover everything by 1 inch (about 13 cups).
- Cook for 12 to 24 hours on low.
- Use a shallow spoon to carefully skim the film off the top of the broth. Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add more salt as needed.
- The broth will keep for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in your freezer.
Substitute: Feel free to substitute chicken, fish or pork bones or to combine them all. Also, adding dried mushrooms or using 2 tablespoons fish sauce in place of salt (add it in Step 1) dramatically boosts the flavor of the broth. This is a great, simple recipe for beef bone broth.