Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Prep time: 20 min • Cook time: 25 min • Yield: 36 cocktail meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons pasture-raised butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl and mix well. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until lightly browned and fully cooked.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. The sauce should slightly thicken.
- Transfer the cooked sauce to a large bowl. Add the cooked meatballs and toss to coat. Serve warm with toothpicks or hors d’oeuvre picks. Optionally, serve any extra sauce with the meatballs.
Notes: If you are not eating dairy products, eliminate the bleu cheese. The meatballs are equally good without it.
Looking for a refreshing drink to pair with these meatballs? Check out my drinks here!