Apple Pie Smoothie
Prep time: 3 min • Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup almond milk or other nut milk
- 1 scoop Bone Broth Protein in Vanilla
- 1/3 to 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 baked apple
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of the spiced juices from the baked apples
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 to 9 ice cubes
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground allspice (optional)
- Dash of ground ginger (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and whip until smooth and creamy. Optionally, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg on the top.
Notes This is apple pie in a glass! If your protein powder is sweetened, or you're on my Bone Broth Diet or 10-Day Belly Slimdown, omit the maple syrup. You can substitute the canned coconut milk for 1 to 2 tablespoons of nut butter for a nuttier flavor. Since this tastes like dessert to me, I will sometimes pour it into two small bowls and freeze it for about an hour and eat it with a spoon!
Hope you enjoy!