Chocolate Mint Shake
Who doesn’t like chocolate with refreshing peppermint? They’re such a great flavor combo.
Prep time: 3 min • Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup water or almond milk, coconut milk, or coconut water if you’re on the maintenance plan
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream or ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk (optional for those on maintenance, adds creaminess)
- 1 scoop chocolate Bone Broth Protein
- 2 to 3 fresh mint leaves or ⅛ or more teaspoon natural mint flavoring
- Ice, add to blender or pour shake over ice (optional)
Pour liquids into blender first then add all other ingredients. Blend well.
Note: For a post workout shake, coconut water is a good choice.
Add-ins: To add even more nutrients to your shake you can add 1 tablespoon of any of the following.
Flax seeds add fiber, protein, and omega-3’s
Chia seeds add fiber and protein
Hemp seeds add a nutty flavor and protein
Greens such as spinach, kale, chard, parsley, etc. add vitamins, minerals, and fiber