Chocolate Orange Cashew Bark
Prep time: 40 min • Cook time: 15-20 min • Yield: About 1 ¼ pounds chocolate candy
- 1 naval orange, medium
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract or 2 tablespoons orange liqueur optional
- 1 cup whole-roasted, salted cashews, very roughly chopped
- 16 ounces dark/bittersweet chocolate i.e. Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels or Equal Exchange Bittersweet Morsels
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw a square about 10” x 10”. Flip paper over onto pan. This gives you a template for where you’ll spread the chocolate.
- Very thinly slice orange into rounds. If you have a mandolin definitely use it. Cut rounds in half.
- Place 1 cup of water in a saucepan on medium-high heat and add coconut sugar. Add liqueur or orange extract (optional). Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add orange slices and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and oranges are in thick syrup. Remove oranges from pan and set on waxed paper or parchment to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Pour chocolate onto parchment paper in the area you measured out. Top with orange slices and cashews.
- Set aside for several hours until firm.
- Slice into desired-size pieces and serve at room temperature.
Notes: Please remember: This is a Paleo treat and should be enjoyed in moderation. This also makes a fabulous gift! If you have extra orange slices or a bit of syrup, you can use it to garnish/baste chicken or pork.