Cool Watermelon Green Smoothie
Prep time: 3 min • Yield: 1 serving
- ½ to 1 cup water, coconut milk (not canned), or almond milk, unsweetened and carrageen-free
- 1 cup watermelon cubes
- 1 Persian cucumber or 3- to 4-inch piece English cucumber, sliced, optional
- 1 scoop or 1 scoop of Dr. Kellyann's Collagen Protein
- 1 tablespoon avocado or MCT oil or ¾ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 handfuls spinach, about 1 cup chopped
- Stevia or monk fruit sweetener to taste, if you used unflavored collagen
- Ice, add to blender or pour shake over ice, optional
Pour liquids into blender first then add all other ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. If shake is too think, add additional water, coconut milk, or almond milk.
Note: If you prefer a creamy smoothie use vanilla protein powder, almond or coconut milk, and canned coconut milk. If you decide on the creamy option, start with ½ cup coconut milk or almond milk. You can always add more.
If you prefer more of a slushy texture, use water, unflavored collagen, and stevia or monk fruit sweetener.