Fat-Burning Buffalo Burger with Dairy-Free Pesto Topping
Prep time: 10min • Cook time: 20 min • Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground buffalo
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon. cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 10-oz. can roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 egg
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 lemon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce, salt, pepper and lemon.
- Divide into 8 equal patties and set aside.
- Lightly spray grill with cooking spray, then heat grill to high.
- Place the burgers on the grill and season as needed with salt and pepper. Turn burgers once to cook on both sides.
- Remove from the grill when cooked to desired doneness. Place onto Romaine lettuce "buns," drizzle lightly with lemon juice and enjoy.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- ¼ fresh jalapeño
- Blend all in a food processor or regular blender. Best if refrigerated for 30 minutes before serving.