- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 pint purchased fresh mild salsa
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
Working in batches, blend all ingredients except hot sauce in processor to a coarse puree. Transfer gazpacho to a large bowl. Season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Optional: Top with sliced avocado, cucumber, red onion, fresh cilantro or grilled shrimp.