Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 10 min • Yield: 4 dozen crackers about 3 inches x 1 ½ inches
- 1 ¼ cups coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot (and a little extra for rolling)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon pasture raised butter or ghee
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 to 3 teaspoons unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients: coconut flour, arrowroot, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, eggs, molasses, and vanilla and whip until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients gradually and mix thoroughly. The dough should be sticky. If you find it too sticky to roll between parchment you can add additional coconut flour by the tablespoonful.
- Divide dough into 4 balls. Individually roll out to about ¼-inch thickness between two sheets of parchment. As you roll, be sure to flip the dough and parchment and roll both sides so the dough does not stick to one side. If needed sprinkle with a very light dusting of arrowroot. Remove the top sheet of parchment. You will leave the dough on the bottom sheet to bake.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the edges so you have a perfect rectangle about 9 inches x 6 inches. Put extra dough back into the mixing bowl to add to another batch. Make a vertical cut down the center. Then cut horizontally so you have 12 pieces of about 3 inches x 1 ½ inches. If desired, make 2 fork marks in each cracker so they resemble packaged graham crackers. Move the entire sheet of parchment to a baking pan.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. When they come out of the oven, they will be soft. Do not remove crackers from parchment until they are cool as they will break. Store in a sealed container.