Lime-Blueberry Poppy Seed Coffee Cake
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 40 min • Yield: 12 servings
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1¼ cup fresh blueberries (or frozen, defrosted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, salt, and baking soda with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, poppy seeds, and blueberries until just combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan with coconut oil, and then dust with coconut flour. Pour batter into pan and spread into corners with a rubber scraper. Bake until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan, and then cut into 12 squares. Store covered in the refridgerator or at room temperature.